As CBD continues to gain more and more popularity as a safe way to good health, there has been a continuous rise in start-ups coming out with their own version of CBD water, coffee, snacks, gummies and other edibles and drinks.
While these CBD infused products can taste pretty good, you might need to take closer look at these CBD infused drinks and CBD food as a newer, easier way to get the most out of benefits of CBD. Let us address any concern that you may have about the safety of cannabis food and CBD infused drinks and explain what these products can do for you.
But first, let us take a quick recap of CBD.
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a chemical compound that comes from the cannabis plant. And while it is part of more than 100 compounds of the cannabinoid family, CBD is among the two most highly popular cannabinoids. The other one you may know as tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. But CBD is more popular for a reason. One of the biggest being that unlike THC, CBD itself or when used in food and drinks cannot get you ‘high’ like THC does.
CBD infused food and drinks
With years as the regulations have been more relaxed around CBD and the public has shown increasing interest in the use of CBD and CBD infused products, the markets have been flooded. From the shelves of your traditional brick-and-mortar shops to online sellers, you can find every kind of CBD product. This wide array of CBD oil, gummies, capsules sprays, salves, creams, drinks and food items have soared in popularity.
But CBD has not just become popular for no reason. We already established that it is different than THC because of it is not psychoactive, now let us understand what it does that has made its use so widespread.
Benefits of CBD
The reason for CBD’s extensive use is because of its purported health benefits. It has been subject of many studies to find the extent of the benefits of CBD. Before people started dabbling in CBD food and CBD infused drinks, the evidence in favour of CBD usage has definitely grown.
- Decreased anxiety, more relaxed state
- Pain relief
- Increased focus and in turn productivity
- Eased and reduced muscle soreness
- Improvement in sleep
- Helps clear up acne and control sebum production
- Helps with its neuroprotective effects
These are some of the benefits of CBD that have been touted and come up as a result of multiple studies looking into CBD.
How CBD works in the body
The body’s endocannabinoid system plays a variety of functions including regulating food, sleep, pain, metabolism, energy, appetite and immunity.
This endocannabinoid system of the body produces its own natural cannabinoids that are responsible for maintaining the homeostasis and other important functions in the body. The way that CBD interacts with this system can help bring the body back to a state of equilibrium and also affect our mood, appetite and energy levels.
Why you should take CBD infused drinks and CBD food
CBD infused food and drinks is not a new thing by a long shot, CBD industry has been persistently penetrating into these industries over the years. Consumers have been given a huge variety of different edibles and drinks infused with CBD and available in different flavours and forms. Essentially, the version of CBD infused products you will find on the market are virtually endless.
This raised the question: is it just a trend that will die down or are there benefits of taking CBD infused food and drinks?
- The taste. For one, these CBD infused drinks and CBD food items taste pretty good. What’s more you can easily incorporate this supplement in your daily routine so easily.
- Not a prescription medication. These CBD infused food and drinks you will find on the market are not ones that you cannot get your hands on without a prescription.
- Longer lasting effects. Anyone who knows anything about CBD is aware that taking CBD sublingually or vaping it produces a quicker onset of effects. But this also means that effect is short-lives. Taking CBD infused food and drinks mean that the CBD will go in your system through the digestive system where it will be held longer. In this way it will gradually produce the needed effect and will last more longer.
- Super convenient. Not only is not extremely easy to put your own DIY spin on making CBD infused cannabis food items or drinks but you also have so many out there. Jump online or visit a store and you will find plenty of CBD infused drinks and food products.
- No worry about the dosage. It takes away the hassle of keeping track of CBD dosage. CBD food and drinks are commonly labelled with the specific dose of CBD to help the consumers know exactly the amount of CBD they are taking in with those products.
So, whether you are interested in switching out your usual morning caffeine with CBD coffee, start on sipping in CBD infused seltzers or explore the world of CBD food items, there is so much to try.
CBD infused food and drinks can cancel out the negative effects of caffeine and help take way your anxiety and stress, leaving you with a relaxed state of mind that is more focused. It is a great way to take the edge off without picking up a glass of alcohol.